After being a family of 2 for so long and being told we would never give birth to a child of our own, after going through 4 years of foster parenting and the pain of 8 foster children coming into our home and leaving again, this picture captures the joy I have in finally being a mom (both through adoption and through birth). This is the night that our little miracle, Jax, came home from the hospital and we suddenly became a family of 4. The baby whom we were told by the "professionals" would never grow in my womb, and the boy that I labored 36 hours to bring into this world. The little girl who came to us lost and broken at 3 1/2 years of age and who we celebrated becoming a permanent part of our family just 3 months prior to this picture being taken. And the man who I married for life, and with whom I have shared many joys and many sorrows. I love that this is the moment I remember about bringing Jax home from the hospital. I love the look of adoration on Miles' face as he watches his son and the tenderness of Gabby as she too looks adoringly at Jax, but lovingly touches her daddy's face.
This is what love looks like.
1 comment:
So Precious! What a beautiful moment!
Post a Comment